20th Century Fox executive missing for a week
A Hollywood executive at the top of his game is missing without a trace and nobody can figure out why.
Gavin Smith, 57, was last seen a week ago on his way home from a friend's house in the Hollywood Hills.
His wife reported him missing the next morning. Smith is a 20th Century Fox executive whose films include huge blockbusters like "Titanic" and "Avatar."
"He didn't pick up his son in the morning. That's a huge cause for concern. He did not call his office. He didn't show up to work. He's never done any of those things in 21 years," said Lisa Smith, Gavin's wife.
Police say nobody's used Smith's cellphone or credit cards since he disappeared.
hollywood, los angeles, missing person, entertainment
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday