20th Century Fox executive missing for a week
A Hollywood executive at the top of his game is missing without a trace and nobody can figure out why.
Gavin Smith, 57, was last seen a week ago on his way home from a friend's house in the Hollywood Hills.
His wife reported him missing the next morning. Smith is a 20th Century Fox executive whose films include huge blockbusters like "Titanic" and "Avatar."
"He didn't pick up his son in the morning. That's a huge cause for concern. He did not call his office. He didn't show up to work. He's never done any of those things in 21 years," said Lisa Smith, Gavin's wife.
Police say nobody's used Smith's cellphone or credit cards since he disappeared.
hollywood, los angeles, missing person, entertainment
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday