20th Century Fox executive missing for a week
A Hollywood executive at the top of his game is missing without a trace and nobody can figure out why.
Gavin Smith, 57, was last seen a week ago on his way home from a friend's house in the Hollywood Hills.
His wife reported him missing the next morning. Smith is a 20th Century Fox executive whose films include huge blockbusters like "Titanic" and "Avatar."
"He didn't pick up his son in the morning. That's a huge cause for concern. He did not call his office. He didn't show up to work. He's never done any of those things in 21 years," said Lisa Smith, Gavin's wife.
Police say nobody's used Smith's cellphone or credit cards since he disappeared.
hollywood, los angeles, missing person, entertainment
- President Obama renews calls for nuclear reductions
- BART'S top cop to have auditor assess reforms 22 min ago
- Fairfield grass fire spreads to nearby motel
- Tenderloin apartment building roof fire extinguished
- Tesla Model S recall for rear seat latch issue
- Workers face charges after sit-in at AT&T Park
- Medical association recognizes obesity as a disease
- Police enforcing pedestrian safety in San Mateo Co.
- 6-year-old boy killed by dog in Union City
- 49ers sign DE Justin Smith to 2-year extension 56 min ago
- Miami Heat force Game 7 in NBA Finals
- abcnews: $73,000 'Most Spectacular' dog vacation
- roundup: Fairfield grass fire; SJ baseball suit
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday