20th Century Fox executive missing for a week
A Hollywood executive at the top of his game is missing without a trace and nobody can figure out why.
Gavin Smith, 57, was last seen a week ago on his way home from a friend's house in the Hollywood Hills.
His wife reported him missing the next morning. Smith is a 20th Century Fox executive whose films include huge blockbusters like "Titanic" and "Avatar."
"He didn't pick up his son in the morning. That's a huge cause for concern. He did not call his office. He didn't show up to work. He's never done any of those things in 21 years," said Lisa Smith, Gavin's wife.
Police say nobody's used Smith's cellphone or credit cards since he disappeared.
hollywood, los angeles, missing person, entertainment
- Stolen European passports on missing plane
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea 6 min ago
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- One dead after house fire in Oakland 41 min ago
- Man arrested for DUI after injury crash in Russian Hill 27 min ago
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire