Under the Hood: Disney California Adventure
ABC7 aired a special called "Under the Hood: Disney California Adventure" on Sunday, Jul. 8, 2012 at 6:30 p.m. ABC7's Matt Heinze gets a first look at the newly-renovated Disney California Adventure Park in Anaheim, CA. The scenic tour highlights 12 acres of rides, attractions and food at Cars Land, based on Disney-Pixar's blockbuster "Cars" franchise. Interviews include Hollywood celebrities, Disney-Pixar's Chief Creative Officer John Lasseter, and the colorful cast of characters that brought Radiator Springs to life. You can watch the show in its entirety by clicking on the video player above, and you can read about each segment below.
FULL SHOW: Watch the entire special here
Welcome to Cars Land
Matt puts the pedal to the metal at Cars Land, taking a test-drive on Disney's biggest and most immersive ride to date, Radiator Springs Racers. John Lasseter gives an insider's perspective on the five-year project. Detours include rides inspired by Mater and Luigi and enthusiastic celebrities from Cars Land's red carpet premiere.
Segment 1 (00:00 - 09:30) Buena Vista Street
Go back in time to 1923 and Buena Vista Street, where Mr. Walt Disney first set foot on California soil. This "Main Street" of Disney California Adventure Park evokes nostalgia with paper boys, jazz bands and vibrant trolley cars.
Segment 2 (09:30 - 13:10) Food of Disney California Adventure
Matt fuels up with casual and fancy fare alike through Route 66 and Buena Vista Street. Cone-shaped snacks evoke the theme of "Cars," while lamb chops and lemongrass duck dishes please grown-up palates, too.
Segment 3 (13:10 - 17:50) Entertainment
The park lights up when the sun goes down. Matt explores the Mad T Party nightclub, the newly-revamped World of Color, and returns to the neon-bright Radiator Springs after dark to close out his California Adventure. Segment 4 (17:50 - 22:50)
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Garbage truck fatally strikes man in Tenderloin 14 min ago
- SFFD battle 1-alarm blaze near the Panhandle
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal
- '628' area code to begin in '415' region in 2015
- Last minute Christmas shopping is in full swing
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show 31 min ago
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos