Under the Hood: Disney California Adventure
ABC7 aired a special called "Under the Hood: Disney California Adventure" on Sunday, Jul. 8, 2012 at 6:30 p.m. ABC7's Matt Heinze gets a first look at the newly-renovated Disney California Adventure Park in Anaheim, CA. The scenic tour highlights 12 acres of rides, attractions and food at Cars Land, based on Disney-Pixar's blockbuster "Cars" franchise. Interviews include Hollywood celebrities, Disney-Pixar's Chief Creative Officer John Lasseter, and the colorful cast of characters that brought Radiator Springs to life. You can watch the show in its entirety by clicking on the video player above, and you can read about each segment below.
FULL SHOW: Watch the entire special here
Welcome to Cars Land
Matt puts the pedal to the metal at Cars Land, taking a test-drive on Disney's biggest and most immersive ride to date, Radiator Springs Racers. John Lasseter gives an insider's perspective on the five-year project. Detours include rides inspired by Mater and Luigi and enthusiastic celebrities from Cars Land's red carpet premiere.
Segment 1 (00:00 - 09:30) Buena Vista Street
Go back in time to 1923 and Buena Vista Street, where Mr. Walt Disney first set foot on California soil. This "Main Street" of Disney California Adventure Park evokes nostalgia with paper boys, jazz bands and vibrant trolley cars.
Segment 2 (09:30 - 13:10) Food of Disney California Adventure
Matt fuels up with casual and fancy fare alike through Route 66 and Buena Vista Street. Cone-shaped snacks evoke the theme of "Cars," while lamb chops and lemongrass duck dishes please grown-up palates, too.
Segment 3 (13:10 - 17:50) Entertainment
The park lights up when the sun goes down. Matt explores the Mad T Party nightclub, the newly-revamped World of Color, and returns to the neon-bright Radiator Springs after dark to close out his California Adventure. Segment 4 (17:50 - 22:50)
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF 53 min ago
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week 22 min ago
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition 34 min ago
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
- Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
49 min ago
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
53 min ago