Woody Allen filming new movie at Bay Area locations
TIBURON, Calif. (KGO) -- Film legend Woody Allen is shooting a movie in the Bay Area. Monday, he was filming in Marin County. It turns out, the plot of Allen's new movie is as elusive as he is.
Monday, Allen was shooting at a home with a spectacular view in Belvedere The party scene involved dozens of local extras. They are reportedly only making about $8 an hour, but they will walk away with a Woody Allen film credit on their resume.
The film doesn't have a title. Allen is very secretive about his projects, but it is supposedly about a wealthy woman who finds herself broke living with her sister in San Francisco. She meets a Bay Area man who can solve her financial problems, but she has to make discoveries about herself and whether she could live in San Francisco.
They will continue shooting in Marin County in Larkspur on Wednesday before heading back to Marina Green in San Francisco on Thursday. Parts of the movie are also being filmed in New York.
celebrity, movies, belvedere, tiburon, larkspur, entertainment, don sanchez
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake 19 min ago
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One fatally shot in burglary in Richmond 1 min ago
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Student with Down syndrome accepted to college
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
8 min ago