Woody Allen filming new movie at Bay Area locations
TIBURON, Calif. (KGO) -- Film legend Woody Allen is shooting a movie in the Bay Area. Monday, he was filming in Marin County. It turns out, the plot of Allen's new movie is as elusive as he is.
Monday, Allen was shooting at a home with a spectacular view in Belvedere The party scene involved dozens of local extras. They are reportedly only making about $8 an hour, but they will walk away with a Woody Allen film credit on their resume.
The film doesn't have a title. Allen is very secretive about his projects, but it is supposedly about a wealthy woman who finds herself broke living with her sister in San Francisco. She meets a Bay Area man who can solve her financial problems, but she has to make discoveries about herself and whether she could live in San Francisco.
They will continue shooting in Marin County in Larkspur on Wednesday before heading back to Marina Green in San Francisco on Thursday. Parts of the movie are also being filmed in New York.
celebrity, movies, belvedere, tiburon, larkspur, entertainment, don sanchez
- BART'S top cop to have auditor assess reforms
- President Obama renews calls for nuclear reductions
- Alameda County Fair opens with new food, new rides
- Hundreds allowed back home after Calif. wildfire 22 min ago
- South SF husband and wife charged with pimping
- AMA now recognizes obesity as a disease 56 min ago
- Police enforcing pedestrian safety in San Mateo Co.
- Tropical Storm Barry forms off Mexican coast
- Giants pitcher Sergio Romo gets ice cream flavor 17 min ago
- Oakland theater to host "Fruitvale Station" screening 51 min ago
- Sonoma-Marin Fair holding "Ugliest Dog" contest 23 min ago
- abcnews: Pope invites Down syndrome teen for a spin 50 min ago
- roundup: Controlled burn; Carjacking arrests 36 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday