Woody Allen filming new movie at Bay Area locations
TIBURON, Calif. (KGO) -- Film legend Woody Allen is shooting a movie in the Bay Area. Monday, he was filming in Marin County. It turns out, the plot of Allen's new movie is as elusive as he is.
Monday, Allen was shooting at a home with a spectacular view in Belvedere The party scene involved dozens of local extras. They are reportedly only making about $8 an hour, but they will walk away with a Woody Allen film credit on their resume.
The film doesn't have a title. Allen is very secretive about his projects, but it is supposedly about a wealthy woman who finds herself broke living with her sister in San Francisco. She meets a Bay Area man who can solve her financial problems, but she has to make discoveries about herself and whether she could live in San Francisco.
They will continue shooting in Marin County in Larkspur on Wednesday before heading back to Marina Green in San Francisco on Thursday. Parts of the movie are also being filmed in New York.
celebrity, movies, belvedere, tiburon, larkspur, entertainment, don sanchez
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations
- Bail for suspect in PS4 robbery in SF set at $5M
- Bay Area braces for chilly weather as cold snap hits 17 min ago
- Crews call for reinforcements to find missing family
- Newtown 911 calls show calm response to shooting 56 min ago
- 3 Good Samaritans honored for Alameda water rescue 8 min ago
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping
- Sketch released of suspect in violent robberies
- Autopsy: Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- New chair lets users decide the temperature 22 min ago
- Local startup iHear to offer hearing aids online 3 min ago
- abcnews: Harmful contaminants in marijuana?
- roundup: SF shooting; Milpitas possible kidnapping 21 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Newtown 911 calls show calm response to...
56 min ago
- Growers protect crops from freezing temps
29 min ago