Woody Allen filming movie in SF's Mission District
SAN FRANCISCO -- Actor and filmmaker Woody Allen is shooting a scene for his new movie in San Francisco's Mission District today.
The director was spotted on location at 14th Street and South Van Ness Avenue Tuesday morning.
A woman answering the phone at the family-owned Mexican restaurant Los Yaquis on South Van Ness Avenue between 14th and 15th streets said she had seen all the activity on the street corner.
She said the film crew had seemed nice and considerate of local businesses.
The San Francisco Film Commission said in the beginning of August that Allen would be filming throughout the Bay Area through the end of the month for the yet-to-be-named film, scheduled to be released next year.
Actors Cate Blanchett and Peter Sarsgaard, who are in the film, were spotted Friday filming in front of jewelry shop Shreve & Co. near Union Square. Other actors rumored to be in the film are Alec Baldwin and comedian Louis C.K.
Some filming has been done in Pacific Heights, and other locales for the movie include the Sunset and Marina districts and parts of Marin County.
The romantic comedy, produced by New York-based company Perdido Productions, is about a wealthy New York City woman who finds herself broke and in San Francisco, living with her sister and downsizing her life, according to the film commission.
celebrity, movies, mission district, entertainment
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist 28 min ago
- Family take legal steps to keep girl on life support
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Woman dies after tweeting about working for 30 hours
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- New tech honcho for Obama health care website
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure vote; Vallejo PD raise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos