Woody Allen filming movie in SF's Mission District
SAN FRANCISCO -- Actor and filmmaker Woody Allen is shooting a scene for his new movie in San Francisco's Mission District today.
The director was spotted on location at 14th Street and South Van Ness Avenue Tuesday morning.
A woman answering the phone at the family-owned Mexican restaurant Los Yaquis on South Van Ness Avenue between 14th and 15th streets said she had seen all the activity on the street corner.
She said the film crew had seemed nice and considerate of local businesses.
The San Francisco Film Commission said in the beginning of August that Allen would be filming throughout the Bay Area through the end of the month for the yet-to-be-named film, scheduled to be released next year.
Actors Cate Blanchett and Peter Sarsgaard, who are in the film, were spotted Friday filming in front of jewelry shop Shreve & Co. near Union Square. Other actors rumored to be in the film are Alec Baldwin and comedian Louis C.K.
Some filming has been done in Pacific Heights, and other locales for the movie include the Sunset and Marina districts and parts of Marin County.
The romantic comedy, produced by New York-based company Perdido Productions, is about a wealthy New York City woman who finds herself broke and in San Francisco, living with her sister and downsizing her life, according to the film commission.
celebrity, movies, mission district, entertainment
- Medical examiner: 24 dead in Oklahoma tornado
- Search continues for man after Bay to Breakers 25 min ago
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes
- Firefighters save Vallejo man in apartment fire
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma City area
- UC hospitals say patients safe despite strike
- More than 100 gas grills put to the test 19 min ago
- Man dies after fall during Bay to Breakers party
- Norman Wielsch sentenced to 14 years in prison
- 4-alarm grass fire burns 8 acres in Orinda
- Victims hope to get money back from lending scheme
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- roundup: Orinda fire; Obama coming to Bay Area
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday