Prince William leads rescue mission to help teen
It was a busy morning for Britain's Prince William who led a rescue mission Friday to save a teenage girl swept out to sea.
The Duke of Cambridge piloted the rescue helicopter while his colleagues brought the teen girl to safety off the Welsh coast.
The girl was swept away while trying to help her younger sister. A surfer ultimately saved the younger girl. Both were taken to the hospital - and should be fine.
Rescuers say they were very lucky and had just a few scrapes.
prince william, rescue, entertainment
- Fatal crash blocks lanes of I-580 in Livermore
- Antioch man arrested after wild, high-speed chase
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Consumer Reports puts AA batteries to the test
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions
- San Jose fire crews battle one-alarm house fire
- 32 students participating in 'shop with a cop' event
- NYC college student dies during fraternity ritual
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Vallejo police ID two most recent homicide victims
- Instagram launches direct messaging feature 51 min ago
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday 43 min ago
- roundup: Copper wiring theft; "Shop With a Cop"
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos