Prince William leads rescue mission to help teen
It was a busy morning for Britain's Prince William who led a rescue mission Friday to save a teenage girl swept out to sea.
The Duke of Cambridge piloted the rescue helicopter while his colleagues brought the teen girl to safety off the Welsh coast.
The girl was swept away while trying to help her younger sister. A surfer ultimately saved the younger girl. Both were taken to the hospital - and should be fine.
Rescuers say they were very lucky and had just a few scrapes.
prince william, rescue, entertainment
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes 55 min ago
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk 52 min ago
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on...
55 min ago