R&B singer Usher wins custody fight for sons
LOS ANGELES -- Grammy-winning R&B singer Usher has been awarded custody of his two sons, ending a long legal fight with his ex-wife.
A person with knowledge of the decision said a judge ruled Friday that the 33-year-old singer will have primary custody of Usher Raymond V and Naviyd Ely Raymond. The person was not authorized to release the information and spoke on condition of anonymity.
Usher, whose real name is Usher Raymond IV, married Tameka Foster Raymond in 2007. They divorced two years later. Tameka Raymond fought for full custody of their sons while Usher initially asked for more visitation rights.
Usher testified in May that Tameka Raymond spit at and tried to fight his girlfriend during one visit and alleged that his ex-wife hit him during the dispute.
celebrity, celebrity breakup, music, children, entertainment
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos