Prince Harry in Afghanistan flying Apache copters
CAMP BASTION , Afghanistan -- Britain's Ministry of Defense says Prince Harry has returned to Afghanistan to fly Apache attack helicopters during a four-month tour of combat duty.
The 27-year-old who is third in line to the British throne looked relaxed, if slightly tired Friday, and gave a thumbs-up after a long journey on a standard troop flight from England.
Capt. Harry Wales, as he is known, wore his combat uniform upon arrival and joined his 100-strong unit - the 662 Squadron, 3 Regiment Army Air Corps.
The deployment Friday follows an embarrassing incident in which Internet website published photographs of the prince naked and taking part in a strip billiards game in a Las Vegas hotel room.
celebrity, afghanistan, london, england, entertainment
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Garbage truck fatally strikes man in Tenderloin
- SFFD battle 1-alarm blaze near the Panhandle
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal
- '628' area code to begin in '415' region in 2015
- Last minute Christmas shopping is in full swing
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos