Green Day postpones SF show after frontman's meltdown
Friday's concert at the Fillmore in San Francisco by Bay Area band Green Day has been postponed.
Promoters postponed the show Monday after the band announced that front man Billie Joe Armstrong checked himself into rehab for substance abuse.
Armstrong's decision followed his meltdown during a performance in Las Vegas Friday night. The singer went ballistic when the band was given a one-minute signal to wrap up.
The incident comes three weeks after Armstrong was hospitalized in Italy forcing the cancellation of a show there.
las vegas, music, celebrity, drugs, entertainment
- SJ store owner get $1M for selling winning ticket 14 min ago
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist
- Georgia woman has 1 of 2 winning lottery tickets 16 min ago
- Food bank hands out hundreds of hams to families 51 min ago
- Wonder Girl to take on Vallejo after Batkid saved SF
- Weather to help crews battling Big Sur blaze
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Stolen ATM recovered; SF shooting 4 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Food bank hands out hundreds of hams to...
51 min ago