Green Day postpones SF show after frontman's meltdown
Friday's concert at the Fillmore in San Francisco by Bay Area band Green Day has been postponed.
Promoters postponed the show Monday after the band announced that front man Billie Joe Armstrong checked himself into rehab for substance abuse.
Armstrong's decision followed his meltdown during a performance in Las Vegas Friday night. The singer went ballistic when the band was given a one-minute signal to wrap up.
The incident comes three weeks after Armstrong was hospitalized in Italy forcing the cancellation of a show there.
las vegas, music, celebrity, drugs, entertainment
- SF firefighters continue to monitor 5-alarm fire
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
46 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos