Green Day postpones SF show after frontman's meltdown
Friday's concert at the Fillmore in San Francisco by Bay Area band Green Day has been postponed.
Promoters postponed the show Monday after the band announced that front man Billie Joe Armstrong checked himself into rehab for substance abuse.
Armstrong's decision followed his meltdown during a performance in Las Vegas Friday night. The singer went ballistic when the band was given a one-minute signal to wrap up.
The incident comes three weeks after Armstrong was hospitalized in Italy forcing the cancellation of a show there.
las vegas, music, celebrity, drugs, entertainment
- Boy drowns after falling into canal in Antioch
- Search on for man who went missing after B2B race
- Scouts honor veterans at annual Memorial Day event
- Hundreds of food workers strike at AT&T Park in SF
- Angel Pagan wins it for SF Giants with inside-the-park HR
- Josh Donaldson, A's power past Astros 11-5
- Castillo scores as FC Dallas tops Earthquakes 1-0
- Wildfire near Interstate 580 in Livermore now contained
- San Antonio flooding kills one; 200-plus rescued
- San Francisco man with brain injury missing
- Millions march against Monsanto in over 400 cities
- abcnews: How to stay safe at amusement parks
- roundup: Machete murder; PG&E fights fine
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday