'Peanuts' gang heading to big-screen
LOS ANGELES -- Charlie Brown and his "Peanuts" pals are coming to the big-screen.
Charles Schulz' beloved characters are starring in their own animated film scheduled to hit theaters Nov. 25, 2015. That year marks the 65th anniversary of the "Peanuts" comic strip and the 50th anniversary of "A Charlie Brown Christmas," the first of the gang's many TV specials.
The as-yet-untitled film will be produced by 20th Century Fox and its Blue Sky Studios animation unit, the outfit behind the "Ice Age" flicks and such cartoon hits as "Dr. Seuss' Horton Hears a Who!"
Schulz' son Craig and grandson Bryan co-wrote the screenplay with Cornelius Uliano, and the three also are producing the film.
Steve Martino, co-director of "Horton Hears a Who" and "Ice Age: Continental Drift," will direct the "Peanuts" film.
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5
- Search continues for man after Bay to Breakers
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes
- Arias tells jury what she'll do if allowed to live
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma City area
- Senate panel approves immigration bill 26 min ago
- UC hospitals say patients safe despite strike
- More than 100 gas grills put to the test
- Obama opposes GOP bill on Keystone XL pipeline
- Poll: Teens migrating to Twitter
- Photos: San Jose Sharks fan pics!
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body
- roundup: Bay Area Super Bowl; Antioch fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
27 min ago
- San Francisco, Santa Clara celebrating...
34 min ago
- Super Bowl 50 party begins in Santa Clara
1 min ago