John Cusack developing Rush Limbaugh film
LOS ANGELES -- A Hollywood director says she's working with actor John Cusack on a movie about conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh.
Director Betty Thomas said Cusack's production company has a script ready that will star the actor as Limbaugh. It's not typecasting: Cusack is an outspoken liberal.
Production is set for next year, Thomas said. The working title is "Rush," Cusack's New Crime Productions confirmed Friday.
Cusack's credits range from the teen flick "Sixteen Candles" to offbeat films like "Being John Malkovich." He attended President Barack Obama's 2008 inauguration but has criticized Obama over his military and civil liberties policies.
Thomas is a former actress ("Hill Street Blues") and an Emmy-award winning director ("Dream On") whose big-screen films include Howard Stern's "Private Parts" and "The Brady Bunch Movie."
rush limbaugh, los angeles, movies, celebrity, entertainment
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Fire that injured 2 under investigation in SJ
- Lockdown lifted at Monterey Peninsula College 10 min ago
- Blind man survives getting run over by train
- Water pours from top of San Francisco high-rise
- Danville teen killed in Highway 24 crash identified 39 min ago
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- Lonely Michigan boy gets surprise party on GMA
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire 44 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday