John Cusack developing Rush Limbaugh film
LOS ANGELES -- A Hollywood director says she's working with actor John Cusack on a movie about conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh.
Director Betty Thomas said Cusack's production company has a script ready that will star the actor as Limbaugh. It's not typecasting: Cusack is an outspoken liberal.
Production is set for next year, Thomas said. The working title is "Rush," Cusack's New Crime Productions confirmed Friday.
Cusack's credits range from the teen flick "Sixteen Candles" to offbeat films like "Being John Malkovich." He attended President Barack Obama's 2008 inauguration but has criticized Obama over his military and civil liberties policies.
Thomas is a former actress ("Hill Street Blues") and an Emmy-award winning director ("Dream On") whose big-screen films include Howard Stern's "Private Parts" and "The Brady Bunch Movie."
rush limbaugh, los angeles, movies, celebrity, entertainment
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations
- Bay Area wakes up to frost as cold snap hits
- Crews call for reinforcements to find missing family
- Autopsy: Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash 12 min ago
- Newtown 911 calls show calm response to shooting 5 min ago
- Obama, in speech, to focus on income disparities 14 min ago
- Truck with radioactive load stolen in Mexico
- Man grabs iPhone from pregnant woman at hospital
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades 43 min ago
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping 33 min ago
- LAX shooting suspect makes court appearance 18 min ago
- abcnews: Harmful contaminants in marijuana?
- roundup: Murder trial; Bank robbery arrest 53 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday