'Potter' star Radcliffe heads to Sundance fest
LOS ANGELES -- "Harry Potter" star Daniel Radcliffe has landed his first entry in the Sundance Film Festival.
Radcliffe plays poet Allen Ginsberg in the drama "Kill Your Darlings," which premieres next January at Robert Redford's Sundance festival. "Kill Your Darlings" was among 16 films announced Wednesday that will compete for the festival's top prize in the U.S. dramatic competition.
Directed by John Krokidas, "Kill Your Darlings" co-stars Elizabeth Olsen, Ben Foster and Jack Huston in the story of a murder that brings the young Ginsberg together with fellow future Beat Generation heroes Jack Kerouac and William S. Burroughs at Columbia University in 1944.
The Sundance festival runs Jan. 17-27 in Park City, Utah.
celebrity, movies, entertainment
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Garbage truck fatally strikes man in Tenderloin
- Car crashes into San Jose home this morning 38 min ago
- SFFD battle 1-alarm blaze near the Panhandle
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal
- '628' area code to begin in '415' region in 2015
- VIRAL VIDEO: Oscars® Trailer: Ellen... 41 min ago
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos