'Potter' star Radcliffe heads to Sundance fest
LOS ANGELES -- "Harry Potter" star Daniel Radcliffe has landed his first entry in the Sundance Film Festival.
Radcliffe plays poet Allen Ginsberg in the drama "Kill Your Darlings," which premieres next January at Robert Redford's Sundance festival. "Kill Your Darlings" was among 16 films announced Wednesday that will compete for the festival's top prize in the U.S. dramatic competition.
Directed by John Krokidas, "Kill Your Darlings" co-stars Elizabeth Olsen, Ben Foster and Jack Huston in the story of a murder that brings the young Ginsberg together with fellow future Beat Generation heroes Jack Kerouac and William S. Burroughs at Columbia University in 1944.
The Sundance festival runs Jan. 17-27 in Park City, Utah.
celebrity, movies, entertainment
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case