'Potter' star Radcliffe heads to Sundance fest
LOS ANGELES -- "Harry Potter" star Daniel Radcliffe has landed his first entry in the Sundance Film Festival.
Radcliffe plays poet Allen Ginsberg in the drama "Kill Your Darlings," which premieres next January at Robert Redford's Sundance festival. "Kill Your Darlings" was among 16 films announced Wednesday that will compete for the festival's top prize in the U.S. dramatic competition.
Directed by John Krokidas, "Kill Your Darlings" co-stars Elizabeth Olsen, Ben Foster and Jack Huston in the story of a murder that brings the young Ginsberg together with fellow future Beat Generation heroes Jack Kerouac and William S. Burroughs at Columbia University in 1944.
The Sundance festival runs Jan. 17-27 in Park City, Utah.
celebrity, movies, entertainment
- Two men shot, killed on I-880 in Oakland ID'd
- Photos released of suspect in violent SJ carjacking
- Police say realignment may be cause of crime spike
- Probe begins after Conn. commuter trains crash 35 min ago
- Newark police investigate officer-involved shooting
- Longshoreman killed after truck falls into water
- Police investigate shootings that hospitalized two men
- Credit card skimming devices found at 2 gas stations
- Steve Wozniak to give Cal commencement speech
- Italian team calls for better safety for America's Cup
- Grenade found in San Jose garage detonated safely
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer 17 min ago
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges 49 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos