Kate Middleton and Prince William are expecting their first child
Palace officials say Prince William and his wife are expecting their first child.
St. James Palace said Monday that the Duchess of Cambridge has a severe form of morning sickness and is currently in a London hospital.
As the first born to William - who is second in line to the throne after his father, Prince Charles - the couple's first child stands an excellent chance of one day becoming monarch.
Whether boy or girl, the child will be behind Prince William in the line of succession to the throne, Cabinet Office officials said.
- BART to give sneak peek of fleet of the future
- Residents unable to return home after SF fire
- 2 people shot at Richmond strip mall
- Moment of silence marks Boston Marathon bombings
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Congresswomen support Cal sexual assault victims
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Revolutionary surgery for girl mauled by pet raccoon
- Consumer Reports evaluates best toilet papers 45 min ago
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- Sobrato family makes mark on South Bay
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Youth coach sentenced; SF two-alarm fire 21 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos