Kate Middleton and Prince William are expecting their first child
Palace officials say Prince William and his wife are expecting their first child.
St. James Palace said Monday that the Duchess of Cambridge has a severe form of morning sickness and is currently in a London hospital.
As the first born to William - who is second in line to the throne after his father, Prince Charles - the couple's first child stands an excellent chance of one day becoming monarch.
Whether boy or girl, the child will be behind Prince William in the line of succession to the throne, Cabinet Office officials said.
- SJ store owner get $1M for selling winning ticket
- Family to hold prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- Georgia woman has 1 of 2 winning lottery tickets
- Richmond council votes for foreclosure prevention plan
- Online retailers take part in Free Shipping Day
- Food bank hands out hundreds of hams to families
- 'Mary Poppins' among 25 US films to be preserved
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Stolen ATM recovered; SF shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday