Katt Williams arrested for evading arrest warrant
DUNNIGAN, Calif. -- Comedian Katt Williams was arrested in Yolo County Friday night for evading an arrest warrant.
The Toyota Center in Houston, TX was forced to cancel Katt Williams' event Friday night after the troubled comedian failed to show up at the venue.
Toyota Center officials issued a statement late Friday stating the event was canceled due to circumstances beyond their control.
On Thursday, authorities issued a felony arrest warrant for Williams related to a police chase in California. The Sacramento County Sheriff's Department says the warrant issued Thursday is for reckless driving.
The California Highway Patrol says Williams fled officers on a three-wheeled motorcycle on Nov. 25 after being spotted driving on a sidewalk near a downtown Sacramento hotel.
The CHP say Williams was asked to stop and refused, leading to the pursuit. Officials say he nearly hit five people during the chase.
celebrity, celebrity crime, crime, entertainment
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes 54 min ago
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk 51 min ago
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on...
54 min ago