AP Source: Alicia Keys to sing Super Bowl anthem
A person familiar with Super Bowl entertainment plans tells The Associated Press that Alicia Keys has been lined up to perform the national anthem before the NFL championship game in New Orleans on Feb. 3.
The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the NFL has not yet announced the anthem singer.
Grammy-winner Keys released her fifth studio album, "Girl on Fire," late last year.
The NFL said in October that Beyonce will be the star of the halftime show at this year's Super Bowl. She sang the national anthem at the 2004 NFL title game in her hometown of Houston.
This year's Super Bowl teams will be determined Sunday, when the 49ers play the Falcons, and the Ravens face the Patriots.
super bowl, entertainment
- Stolen European passports on missing plane
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks 11 min ago
- One dead after house fire in Oakland
- Man arrested for DUI after injury crash in Russian Hill 50 min ago
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case 50 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos