AP Source: Alicia Keys to sing Super Bowl anthem
A person familiar with Super Bowl entertainment plans tells The Associated Press that Alicia Keys has been lined up to perform the national anthem before the NFL championship game in New Orleans on Feb. 3.
The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the NFL has not yet announced the anthem singer.
Grammy-winner Keys released her fifth studio album, "Girl on Fire," late last year.
The NFL said in October that Beyonce will be the star of the halftime show at this year's Super Bowl. She sang the national anthem at the 2004 NFL title game in her hometown of Houston.
This year's Super Bowl teams will be determined Sunday, when the 49ers play the Falcons, and the Ravens face the Patriots.
super bowl, entertainment
- Secret Service investigating big Target data breach 50 min ago
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- SUV crashes into gas station in Oakland 25 min ago
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos