John Lennon's glasses used in plea to end gun violence
The widow of music legend John Lennon is using a very personal item to make a statement about gun violence.
Yoko Ono tweeted a picture of the glasses Lennon was wearing when he was shot and killed. One of the lenses is covered with his blood.
Ono's tweet said, "Over 1,057,000 people have been killed by guns in the USA since John Lennon was shot and killed on December 8, 1980."
Ono and Lennon were married 44 years ago on March 20, 1969.
guns, violence, twitter, celebrity, entertainment
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- Balboa Park BART station reopens after fatality
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Student wins cooking contest with sandwich creation
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos