John Lennon's glasses used in plea to end gun violence
The widow of music legend John Lennon is using a very personal item to make a statement about gun violence.
Yoko Ono tweeted a picture of the glasses Lennon was wearing when he was shot and killed. One of the lenses is covered with his blood.
Ono's tweet said, "Over 1,057,000 people have been killed by guns in the USA since John Lennon was shot and killed on December 8, 1980."
Ono and Lennon were married 44 years ago on March 20, 1969.
guns, violence, twitter, celebrity, entertainment
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- SFFD battle 1-alarm blaze near the Panhandle
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal 28 min ago
- '628' area code to begin in '415' region in 2015
- Last minute Christmas shopping is in full swing
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
37 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos