Time Magazine unveils its 100 most influential people list
Time Magazine released its annual list of 100 most influential people in the world on Thursday.
Pakistani teenager Malala Yousafzai, hip hop artist Jay Z and President Barack Obama have been named among the most influential people in the world by the magazine.
President Barack Obama is on the list for the eighth time, more than any other person on the list.
Time says the list wasn't ranked, instead it's broken down into distinct categories including titans, pioneers, icons, leaders and artists.
For the first time the issue features seven separate covers, each featuring a member of the TIME 100.
This year's list includes 35 women.
barack obama, celebrity, entertainment
- Bay Area braces for coldest night of the cold snap
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Harding makes 37 saves, Wild beat Sharks 3-1
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Family asks for help in finding SF hit-and-run driver
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos