Ben Affleck to live on $1.50 a day food budget
Actor Ben Affleck is ready for his most challenging role yet.
The Oscar winner plans to participate in the Live Below the Line poverty challenge. It is a fundraising event where participants live on a $1.50 a day food budget, for a week.
The challenge was created to raise awareness about global poverty levels and extreme hunger experienced by millions of people every day.
Affleck hopes that by participating in the challenge he can raise money for his Eastern Congo initiative.
celebrity, food, entertainment
- Protest continues at CCSF; rally planned at city hall
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- South Bay hospital top notch for treating strokes
- Large marijuana grow found at home in Hayward
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Brentwood students in trouble for nude selfies
- Fairfield man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- Stockton Tunnel reopens after water line break repaired
- 2 men arrested for possessing explosives
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Tree removal dispute; Weed-laced brownies
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos