Ben Affleck to live on $1.50 a day food budget
Actor Ben Affleck is ready for his most challenging role yet.
The Oscar winner plans to participate in the Live Below the Line poverty challenge. It is a fundraising event where participants live on a $1.50 a day food budget, for a week.
The challenge was created to raise awareness about global poverty levels and extreme hunger experienced by millions of people every day.
Affleck hopes that by participating in the challenge he can raise money for his Eastern Congo initiative.
celebrity, food, entertainment
- Fatal crash blocks lanes of I-580 in Livermore
- Antioch man arrested after wild, high-speed chase
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Consumer Reports puts AA batteries to the test
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions
- San Jose fire crews battle one-alarm house fire
- 32 students participating in 'shop with a cop' event
- NYC college student dies during fraternity ritual
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Vallejo police ID two most recent homicide victims
- Instagram launches direct messaging feature 49 min ago
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday 41 min ago
- roundup: Copper wiring theft; "Shop With a Cop"
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos