Ben Affleck to live on $1.50 a day food budget
Actor Ben Affleck is ready for his most challenging role yet.
The Oscar winner plans to participate in the Live Below the Line poverty challenge. It is a fundraising event where participants live on a $1.50 a day food budget, for a week.
The challenge was created to raise awareness about global poverty levels and extreme hunger experienced by millions of people every day.
Affleck hopes that by participating in the challenge he can raise money for his Eastern Congo initiative.
celebrity, food, entertainment
- Teen survives flight from SJC to Hawaii in wheel well 5 min ago
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- San Jose police standoff ends with armed man 33 min ago
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal shooting in Concord; Piedmont landslide