Wine Country rocking with first ever Bottle Rock Festival
NAPA, Calif. (KGO) -- Wine Country is rocking with the first ever Bottle Rock Festival. And while most folks love the idea of the event, taking place at the fairgrounds in Napa, some are not so happy about the crowds and the traffic it brings.
What could be better than a little gourmet food and wine and a lot of music? The first ever Bottle Rock Festival seems to be a hit. The local wineries figure this is a great showcase for their efforts.
"Yesterday was just a real rockin day, a good crowd," said Gary Brookman with the Miner Family Winery. "Expecting a bigger crowd today, very enthusiastic people, fantastic music."
Of course the Napa Valley is also known for its restaurants.
"I think, you know, there's a good variety of local restaurants here," said Todd Humphries with the restaurant Kitchen Door. "I think it will bring people in from out of town."
Some of the neighbors have set up shop in their front yard. Others, though not festival haters, say the five-day affair has created some hardships for them.
"It's like a tattoo," neighbor Randy Jesch said. "You asked for it, your buddies talked you into it, you said okay, you went ahead and did it. And it hurt like heck and you gotta live with it."
That neighbor and the others only have to live with this for a few more days. The festival runs through Sunday night.
napa, napa county, charities, music, non-profit, entertainment, laura anthony
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter service 43 min ago
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter...
43 min ago