Wine Country rocking with first ever Bottle Rock Festival
NAPA, Calif. (KGO) -- Wine Country is rocking with the first ever Bottle Rock Festival. And while most folks love the idea of the event, taking place at the fairgrounds in Napa, some are not so happy about the crowds and the traffic it brings.
What could be better than a little gourmet food and wine and a lot of music? The first ever Bottle Rock Festival seems to be a hit. The local wineries figure this is a great showcase for their efforts.
"Yesterday was just a real rockin day, a good crowd," said Gary Brookman with the Miner Family Winery. "Expecting a bigger crowd today, very enthusiastic people, fantastic music."
Of course the Napa Valley is also known for its restaurants.
"I think, you know, there's a good variety of local restaurants here," said Todd Humphries with the restaurant Kitchen Door. "I think it will bring people in from out of town."
Some of the neighbors have set up shop in their front yard. Others, though not festival haters, say the five-day affair has created some hardships for them.
"It's like a tattoo," neighbor Randy Jesch said. "You asked for it, your buddies talked you into it, you said okay, you went ahead and did it. And it hurt like heck and you gotta live with it."
That neighbor and the others only have to live with this for a few more days. The festival runs through Sunday night.
napa, napa county, charities, music, non-profit, entertainment, laura anthony
- Plane's disappearance result of "deliberate action"
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall
- Investigators finally getting look at Mission Bay fire
- I-TEAM: Small park, big problems
- Death of woman found in home considered homicide
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit
- Crews busy dismantling old span of the Bay Bridge
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Group says GM airbag failures caused 303 deaths
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos