John Cho, Simon Pegg talk 'Star Trek Into Darkness'
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The latest installment in the Star Trek franchise, "Star Trek Into Darkness," hits theaters across the country this week. Two of the movies' stars were in San Francisco to talk about what it was like working on the set of J.J. Abrams' latest installment and share a sneak peak of the film.
Star Trek inspires more than a little nostalgia in a lot of people. Actors John Cho, (Sulu) and Simon Pegg, (Scotty) are no exception.
"It's kind of crazy. You have to pinch yourself now and again," Pegg said. Cho shared the sentiment, albeit admitting it was weird to be part of something he would have loved as a child.
On their relationship, the two talked about becoming closer but playfully stopped short of saying they became "best friends" during the project. "It does feel like we like each other," Cho said.
It's obvious both of them enjoyed working with Abrams. "Every single person that works for him brings their A-game," Pegg said before going on to describe the one time he saw Abrams angry while working on a film.
The movie, which looks to be a thrilling two hours of intergalactic action, is hitting the big screen in both IMAX and 3D formats.
(Star Trek Into Darkness clips courtesy of Paramount Pictures.)
celebrity, movies, space, entertainment
- Injunction filed to keep Jahi McMath on life support
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- BART makes no progress on contract talks 38 min ago
- Garbage truck fatally strikes man in Tenderloin
- Driver in fatal Twin Peaks DUI hit-and-run sentenced 28 min ago
- Target shopper files suit over security breach
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal
- VIRAL VIDEO: Oscars® Trailer: Ellen...
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
47 min ago
- BART makes no progress on contract talks
38 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos