John Cho, Simon Pegg talk 'Star Trek Into Darkness'
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The latest installment in the Star Trek franchise, "Star Trek Into Darkness," hits theaters across the country this week. Two of the movies' stars were in San Francisco to talk about what it was like working on the set of J.J. Abrams' latest installment and share a sneak peak of the film.
Star Trek inspires more than a little nostalgia in a lot of people. Actors John Cho, (Sulu) and Simon Pegg, (Scotty) are no exception.
"It's kind of crazy. You have to pinch yourself now and again," Pegg said. Cho shared the sentiment, albeit admitting it was weird to be part of something he would have loved as a child.
On their relationship, the two talked about becoming closer but playfully stopped short of saying they became "best friends" during the project. "It does feel like we like each other," Cho said.
It's obvious both of them enjoyed working with Abrams. "Every single person that works for him brings their A-game," Pegg said before going on to describe the one time he saw Abrams angry while working on a film.
The movie, which looks to be a thrilling two hours of intergalactic action, is hitting the big screen in both IMAX and 3D formats.
(Star Trek Into Darkness clips courtesy of Paramount Pictures.)
celebrity, movies, space, entertainment
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree 54 min ago
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes 29 min ago
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk 26 min ago
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on...
29 min ago