Famous feline "Grumpy Cat' lands Hollywood movie deal
The cranky-faced kitty that's earned quite an online reputation has just inked a Hollywood movie deal.
"Grumpy Cat" will star in a new family comedy that will feed off her popularity as a social media meme.
Deadline.com reports the project is being likened to Garfield.
Grumpy, whose real name is Tardar Sauce, will spew her unfriendly thoughts out loud in the movie.
The feline won a 2013 Webby Award for being the internet world's most popular meme, thanks to that dour demeanor.
Grumpy Cat has a form of dwarfism, which gives her that famous permanent frown.
She became an internet sensation after her owners posted a photo of her on Reddit last September.
animal, hollywood, movies, websites, internet, social media, entertainment
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting 4 min ago
- Stockton port officials happy to receive Google barge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Isaiah Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday