Journey's Steve Perry has cancerous mole removed
The former lead singer of the San Francisco based rock band Journey expects to make a full recovery after surgery for melanoma.
Steve Perry confirms he had two surgeries last month to remove a cancerous mole from his face. Perry says doctors got it all and no other treatments are required.
The 64-year-old called the diagnosis traumatic, especially after he lost his girlfriend to cancer last year.
Perry sang lead on nearly all of journey's greatest hits.
He left the band in 1995.
cancer, celebrity, entertainment
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case