Journey's Steve Perry has cancerous mole removed
The former lead singer of the San Francisco based rock band Journey expects to make a full recovery after surgery for melanoma.
Steve Perry confirms he had two surgeries last month to remove a cancerous mole from his face. Perry says doctors got it all and no other treatments are required.
The 64-year-old called the diagnosis traumatic, especially after he lost his girlfriend to cancer last year.
Perry sang lead on nearly all of journey's greatest hits.
He left the band in 1995.
cancer, celebrity, entertainment
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Seismic saddles in place on new Bay Bridge
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- 7 On Your Side looks into Lyft's donation policy
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos