Miss Connecticut wins Miss USA contest in Las Vegas
LAS VEGAS -- A 25-year-old contestant from Connecticut won the title of Miss USA in Las Vegas on Sunday night.
Erin Brady won the beauty pageant at the Planet Hollywood hotel-casino after strutting in a white sparkly gown and answering a question about the U.S. Supreme Court's decision upholding widespread DNA tests. Asked if she agreed with the decision, Brady said she did.
Brady gets the crown and a New York apartment for one year.
She is expected to spend her title reign on a nationwide speaking tour and raising breast and ovarian cancer awareness, the organization's official cause.
Unlike the rival Miss America pageant, Miss USA does not ask its queens to perform a talent or choose a charity mission.
las vegas, competition, entertainment
- Target apologizes after massive data breach 36 min ago
- Deputy saves man after crash in Oakland 24 min ago
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming devices 25 min ago
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- CPUC considering fine against PG&E for faulty pipeline 5 min ago
- BART board approves contract with AFSCME 10 min ago
- Bus with 8 kids involved in crash in Livermore
- 10-year-old girl to become Wonder Girl in Vallejo
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Honda tops insurance industry safety list 28 min ago
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos