Mick Jagger's hair sells at auction for $6,000
A clump of hair from Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger has been auctioned off for $6,000, double the price it was expected to go for.
The hair was sold by a former girlfriend of the rock star who held onto the locks since before he hit stardom.
The hair was kept in an envelope all these years with the message, "Mick Jagger's hair after being washed and trimmed by Chris at Rose Hill Farm."
The proceeds will benefit the Changing Faces charity. The group works with people who have suffered facial disfigurements.
Jagger turns 70 this month. He and the Rolling Stones are headlining a big music festival in London's Hyde Park this weekend.
celebrity, london, entertainment
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake 16 min ago
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond 45 min ago
- Good Samaritan helps save lives in North Bay fire
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed