Mick Jagger's hair sells at auction for $6,000
A clump of hair from Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger has been auctioned off for $6,000, double the price it was expected to go for.
The hair was sold by a former girlfriend of the rock star who held onto the locks since before he hit stardom.
The hair was kept in an envelope all these years with the message, "Mick Jagger's hair after being washed and trimmed by Chris at Rose Hill Farm."
The proceeds will benefit the Changing Faces charity. The group works with people who have suffered facial disfigurements.
Jagger turns 70 this month. He and the Rolling Stones are headlining a big music festival in London's Hyde Park this weekend.
celebrity, london, entertainment
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing 8 min ago
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Stockton port officials happy to receive Google barge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Isaiah Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Astronauts discuss impact of social media in space
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
42 min ago
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno...
8 min ago