Mick Jagger's hair sells at auction for $6,000
A clump of hair from Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger has been auctioned off for $6,000, double the price it was expected to go for.
The hair was sold by a former girlfriend of the rock star who held onto the locks since before he hit stardom.
The hair was kept in an envelope all these years with the message, "Mick Jagger's hair after being washed and trimmed by Chris at Rose Hill Farm."
The proceeds will benefit the Changing Faces charity. The group works with people who have suffered facial disfigurements.
Jagger turns 70 this month. He and the Rolling Stones are headlining a big music festival in London's Hyde Park this weekend.
celebrity, london, entertainment
- Firefighters control 4-alarm fire in Concord
- Bay Area freeze extends longer than expected
- Protest gets heated for Santa Rosa teen shot
- Only On 7: SF kids describe obstacles in Tenderloin
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- Memorial taking place in SF to honor Mandela
- Golf pro charged with sexually abusing boys
- Richmond police searching for young runaway sisters
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Husband's tutu project gets T-Mobile's support
- Winter Spare the Air called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Obama poses for selfie at Mandela's memorial
- roundup: Golf pro charged; Xmas tree in Bay
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos