Joy Behar leaves ABC's 'The View' after 16 years
LOS ANGELES (KGO) -- Joy Behar, a co-host on ABC's 'The View,' has officially left the show after 16 years.
Behar's last day was on Friday August 9, 2013. The show was full of surprises, including a guest appearance by Tony Bennett, who serenaded her.
Other stars also stopped by to pay tribute and share personal memories.
Behar thanked her co-hosts and former guests.
"To all the girls I sat with here before I would like to say thank you, I salute you all and I want to thank you for all the fun and lively conversations about everything and anything. I was born an only child, but now I know first-hand what sibling rivalry is all about," she said.
The 70-year-old comedian says she's leaving to focus on other projects, like writing a play and returning to standup comedy.
the view, entertainment
- US Navy sends destroyer to help in plane search 1 min ago
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Rally held in SF to mark anniversary of Japan quake
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF 31 min ago
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US 11 min ago
- 49ers Jim Harbaugh ready for start of free agency
- Missing woman from Benicia found in Alpine County
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case