Joy Behar leaves ABC's 'The View' after 16 years
LOS ANGELES (KGO) -- Joy Behar, a co-host on ABC's 'The View,' has officially left the show after 16 years.
Behar's last day was on Friday August 9, 2013. The show was full of surprises, including a guest appearance by Tony Bennett, who serenaded her.
Other stars also stopped by to pay tribute and share personal memories.
Behar thanked her co-hosts and former guests.
"To all the girls I sat with here before I would like to say thank you, I salute you all and I want to thank you for all the fun and lively conversations about everything and anything. I was born an only child, but now I know first-hand what sibling rivalry is all about," she said.
The 70-year-old comedian says she's leaving to focus on other projects, like writing a play and returning to standup comedy.
the view, entertainment
- Recology plant fire creates heavy smoke in SF
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos