Oprah Winfrey auctioning off 'favorite things'
Oprah Winfrey's home remodeling means people can get their hands on some of her own personal favorite things.
Next month, she is auctioning off furniture, antiques, and fine art from her Montecito mansion in Santa Barbara County and her homes in Chicago, Maui, and Indiana.
People can get their hands on wrought iron panels from her staircase worth $7,000 each or a Louis XVI chest worth $50,000.
Oprah's donating the money to her leadership academy for girls in South Africa.
The collection goes online next Friday.
oprah winfrey, children, charities, entertainment
- Freeze Warning in effect for most of Bay Area 8 min ago
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Facebook considers adding "sympathize" button 37 min ago
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Family asks for help in finding SF hit-and-run driver
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos