Oprah Winfrey auctioning off 'favorite things'
Oprah Winfrey's home remodeling means people can get their hands on some of her own personal favorite things.
Next month, she is auctioning off furniture, antiques, and fine art from her Montecito mansion in Santa Barbara County and her homes in Chicago, Maui, and Indiana.
People can get their hands on wrought iron panels from her staircase worth $7,000 each or a Louis XVI chest worth $50,000.
Oprah's donating the money to her leadership academy for girls in South Africa.
The collection goes online next Friday.
oprah winfrey, children, charities, entertainment
- Manager reveals details of teen's stowaway survival
- Man punches neighbor whose house caught on fire
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- Pedestrian critically injured in accident in SF
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Images released of shipwreck in San Francisco Bay 24 min ago
- Free health clinic in SF and Oakland this week
- Young Oakland boy shot in the eye with paintball gun
- Pair sets record with BASE jump off world's... 2 min ago
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- South Korea ferry toll hits 156 as search gets tougher
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan