Kanye West, Kim Kardashian leave mark in San Francisco
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Rap star Kanye West rented out AT&T Park in San Francisco Monday night just so he could ask reality television performer Kim Kardashian to marry him.
At San Francisco City Hall, it happens like clockwork. For $160 people take a number, say their vows and live happily ever after. Long Nguyen and Lisa Doan tied the knot Tuesday. He proposed in Golden Gate Park.
Marriage is life changing and the venue is only a starting point.
Last night, behind a cloak of secrecy and in front of some 40,000 empty seats, West proposed to the over-exposed Kardashian, with a 50-person orchestra on hand to add romantic ambiance.
"When you have that type of money, it really doesn't matter what you can do with it," said Nguyen.
The Giants cannot talk about the event, they're held to a non-disclosure agreement. But we do know it costs $35,000 to rent the field at AT&T Park. It costs $200,000, plus extras to rent the whole stadium. Not including the 15-carat, $6 million diamond engagement ring.
"Propose in a nice restaurant. Donate the money to charity," said one passerby.
This is hardly the first time someone has proposed in a ballpark or unique place, but it may be the most ostentatious.
So now, in celebrity circles, San Francisco is on the map. It's a dubious map at the moment all because love is as love does; in public and in private.
celebrity, at&t park, celebrity weddings, reality television, music, san francisco city hall, entertainment
- Underground fire forcing evacuations in Oakland 5 min ago
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Black ice on I-280 near crash in San Mateo County
- NTSB hearing on Asiana crash at SFO postponed
- SF firefighters gain upper hand on Recology plant fire
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Oakland robberies; Pitcher makes donation 49 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday