Oprah auctioning off items from Montecito mansion
What some are calling the "garage sale of the century" takes place Saturday.
Hundreds of items belonging to Oprah Winfrey are being auctioned off at the Santa Barbara Polo Club.
The idea came after an interior designer told Winfrey that she had too much stuff in her Montecito mansion that didn't reflect her "true" style.
So, now she's cleaning house.
Nearly 600 items are up for auction.
Winfrey's donating the proceeds to her Leadership Academy for Girls in South Africa.
oprah winfrey, celebrity, southern california, entertainment
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday