Gay marriage on float planned for Rose Parade
PASADENA, Calif. (KGO) -- In what will be a first, a same-sex couple will be married on a float during the 125th Rose Parade.
Danny LeClair and Aubrey Loots say they are honored to have so many people witness their ceremony, but not everyone is happy about the wedding.
Savecalifornia.com, a group that supported Prop 8, California's ban on same-sex marriage, is calling on a boycott of the parade for what it calls a "promotion of homosexual marriage to children."
However, the opposition isn't stopping the couple from enjoying their pending nuptials.
"We're not dissuaded or discouraged. We're absolutely grateful that we can be part of this conversation and really educate people," said groom Danny Leclair.
You can watch the Rose Parade on New Year's Day ABC7 -- coverage begins at 8 a.m. on Wednesday.
southern california, entertainment
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake 29 min ago
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry 24 min ago
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond 43 min ago
- Sonoma County fire burns garage and cars
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Man found fatally shot in Concord
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body
- Perfect Pet: Isabella
57 min ago