Clay Aiken launching bid for seat in Congress
Singer and American Idol runner-up Clay Aiken is reportedly taking steps toward a new career -- congressman.
Sources told the Washington Blade that Aiken is meeting with political consultants about launching a bid for a House seat in North Carolina.
The filing deadline is February 28 and the primary is May 6.
Aiken finished second to Ruben Studdard in 2003, the show's second season.
congress, celebrity, music, entertainment
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud
- Car hits SF bus stop, seriously injuring woman
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- Mechanic cashes in on SF's high real estate market
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Family at odds with neighbors over pet chickens
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at...