Robin Roberts talks about long-time girlfriend on 'GMA'
ABC News Anchor Robin Roberts is now talking about her girlfriend on-air on "Good Morning America."
Just last month, Robin came out publicly on Facebook. Roberts and Amber Laign have been together for 10 years. Laign grew up in the Bay Area and her mother still lives in Clayton.
Robin first mentioned Amber in a post reflecting back on 2013.
"I have never been happier or healthier than I am right now. And my year-end post, my year-end post was just full of gratitude and telling everyone all that I am grateful for including my girlfriend Amber who loved me through a very difficult year," said Roberts.
Roberts also shared a photo of her and Laign at a wedding.
facebook, lgbt, cancer, good morning america, ABC, television, entertainment
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Drought prompts officials to release water in Delta
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Warriors give Oakland High School students 3D printer
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire