Oscar Nominees: Best Actor
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- With Oscar Sunday just days away, there are a lot of nervous stomachs churning among some of the top actors and actresses. Here are the nominees for best actor:
This is the surprise pick in the Oscar race: Mexican actor Demian Bichir in "A Better Life," about an immigrant in Los Angeles.
George Clooney in "The Descendants" gives an uncompromising performance. He is in a two-man race for the award.
The French actor Jean Dujardin is captivating, daring and tragic in the silent film "The Artist." I remembered this film long after the others.
I called Gary Oldman's performance in "Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy" "brilliant." But it may be too subdued for Academy voters.
And Brad Pitt in the Oakland A's story "Moneyball" keeps adding to his resume. But no home run.
George Clooney certainly took some chances. But my choice for a full bucket is Jean Dujardin in "The Artist." He is the best actor of the year.
academy awards, movies, oscars, don sanchez
- 2 NYC buildings collapse in explosion, 2 dead
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos