Oscar Nominees: Best Actor
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- With Oscar Sunday just days away, there are a lot of nervous stomachs churning among some of the top actors and actresses. Here are the nominees for best actor:
This is the surprise pick in the Oscar race: Mexican actor Demian Bichir in "A Better Life," about an immigrant in Los Angeles.
George Clooney in "The Descendants" gives an uncompromising performance. He is in a two-man race for the award.
The French actor Jean Dujardin is captivating, daring and tragic in the silent film "The Artist." I remembered this film long after the others.
I called Gary Oldman's performance in "Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy" "brilliant." But it may be too subdued for Academy voters.
And Brad Pitt in the Oakland A's story "Moneyball" keeps adding to his resume. But no home run.
George Clooney certainly took some chances. But my choice for a full bucket is Jean Dujardin in "The Artist." He is the best actor of the year.
academy awards, movies, oscars, don sanchez
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case