Climate data shows high global temperatures
There is new evidence that the earth is warming up.
According to the latest climate data, last month was the eighth warmest June on record.
The average temprature was 60.8 degrees, nine-tenths of a degree higher than average.
For the period of January through June, the temperature was 57.1 degrees, eight-tenths of a degree above average for the 20th century. That makes it the ninth warmest first half of the year since record keeping began in 1880.
- Paul McCartney will play final show at Candlestick 2 min ago
- One injured in apartment fire near San Jose State
- Police make arrest in Daly City shooting
- Stanford patient denied liver due to medical marijuana
- Afghanistan hospital guard kills three American doctors
- Batteries in baby video monitors recalled
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Apple increases stock buyback, will split stock
- State senators get ethics training after scandals
- 5-year-old Oakland boy shot in eye with paintball gun
- Six Flags welcoms first seal pup born at park in 8 years
- 7OYS helps woman get refund from alumni company
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Body found at dump; Bicycle Share expansion