Students clean up Ocean Beach
Thursday, May 19, 2011
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A popular Bay Area beach is much cleaner thanks to the efforts of 500 students from San Francisco and Marin County.
The kids spent the morning picking up trash at San Francisco's Ocean Beach as part of the 18th annual Kids' Ocean Day.
Students have been learning about ocean health and our local watersheds.
(Copyright ©2014 KGO-TV. All Rights Reserved.)
ocean beach, green
- One dead, another critical in San Francisco fire
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- Police search for men over attempted bank robbery 55 min ago
- Teen girl found in Berkeley says she was kidnapped 29 min ago
- BART unveils new train car design in SF 20 min ago
- 2 people shot at Richmond strip mall
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Florida school board member wants parent dress code 22 min ago
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Woman attempting run from San Francisco to New York
- Congresswomen support Cal sexual assault victims
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Youth coach sentenced; SF two-alarm fire
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
20 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos