Students clean up Ocean Beach
Thursday, May 19, 2011
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A popular Bay Area beach is much cleaner thanks to the efforts of 500 students from San Francisco and Marin County.
The kids spent the morning picking up trash at San Francisco's Ocean Beach as part of the 18th annual Kids' Ocean Day.
Students have been learning about ocean health and our local watersheds.
(Copyright ©2014 KGO-TV. All Rights Reserved.)
ocean beach, green
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe 21 min ago
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239 49 min ago
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California! 53 min ago
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
17 min ago