Students clean up Ocean Beach
Thursday, May 19, 2011
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A popular Bay Area beach is much cleaner thanks to the efforts of 500 students from San Francisco and Marin County.
The kids spent the morning picking up trash at San Francisco's Ocean Beach as part of the 18th annual Kids' Ocean Day.
Students have been learning about ocean health and our local watersheds.
(Copyright ©2013 KGO-TV. All Rights Reserved.)
ocean beach, green
- Water main break floods Castro Valley neighborhood
- Four people in the South Bay die due to cold weather
- North Korea deports elderly Palo Alto man
- Cal students led move toward divestment
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Local schools race to keep up with technology
- Man suspected of throwing 2 cats into bay arrested
- Make-A-Wish, Macy's team up to help Daly City girl
- New option studied for treating back pain
- SF man calls 7 On Your Side to help in luggage mixup
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday