More Californians are going solar at home
Californians are seeing the light and opting to go solar at home.
The California Public Utilities Commission released a report Tuesday showing that the rate at which people are installing rooftop solar systems is going well through the roof.
Installations jumped almost 50 percent between 2009 and 2010 and that's not just among homeowners with a good deal of money to invest.
The CPUC's program to help housing agencies go solar has been such a hit, there's now a waiting list.
california public utilities commission, solar energy, green
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- San Francisco officer injured in crash after pursuit
- Confirmed death toll in ferry disaster climbs to 33 54 min ago
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101 35 min ago
- Young Oakland woman dies at Coachella music fest 12 min ago
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Car hits SF bus stop, seriously injuring woman
- Scratch lotto ticket bought in Milpitas worth $1.3M 51 min ago
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- Counties tell Brown they need money for his law 39 min ago
- Mechanic cashes in on SF's high real estate market
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at...
- Confirmed death toll in ferry disaster...
54 min ago