More Californians are going solar at home
Californians are seeing the light and opting to go solar at home.
The California Public Utilities Commission released a report Tuesday showing that the rate at which people are installing rooftop solar systems is going well through the roof.
Installations jumped almost 50 percent between 2009 and 2010 and that's not just among homeowners with a good deal of money to invest.
The CPUC's program to help housing agencies go solar has been such a hit, there's now a waiting list.
california public utilities commission, solar energy, green
- Firefighters control 4-alarm fire in Concord
- Bay Area freeze extends longer than expected
- Protest gets heated for Santa Rosa teen shot
- Only On 7: SF kids describe obstacles in Tenderloin
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- Memorial taking place in SF to honor Mandela 44 min ago
- Golf pro charged with sexually abusing boys
- Richmond police searching for young runaway sisters
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Husband's tutu project gets T-Mobile's support
- Winter Spare the Air called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Obama poses for selfie at Mandela's memorial
- roundup: Golf pro charged; Xmas tree in Bay 20 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos