Award honors grassroots environmentalists
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Six people will receive awards in San Francisco Monday night for their commitment to the environment.
The Goldman Environmental Prize salutes grassroots conservation efforts around the globe.
This year's recipients include a former investigative journalist who exposed environmental violations in the manufacturing supply chain in China and a Russian mother trying to save a forest in Moscow from a highway project..
The late Richard and Rhoda Goldman established the award in 1989.
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Man arrested in deadly fight at Antioch bowling alley
- St. Anthony's holds annual Curbside Donation Drive
- Vault fire in SF's Mission District now under control 14 min ago
- Two injured in shooting near San Jose State University
- Ex-49er Harris sentenced in boyfriend's beating
- Massage therapist faces sexual battery charges 29 min ago
- Mother, toddler endure violent home invasion robbery
- Pope Francis visits Rome children's hospital
- Photos: FAN PHOTOS: Farewell Candlestick 49 min ago
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday