Outsourcing US jobs to China creates more pollution in America
A new study finds that outsourcing United States manufacturing jobs to China creates more air pollution in America.
Researchers say powerful winds called Westerlies carry dust, ozone and carbon from China across the Pacific leading to pollution spikes in the Western United States, especially in the Spring.
Scientists blame at least one extra day of smog in Los Angeles each year on pollution from China.
pollution, jobs, study, green
- BART to give sneak peek of fleet of the future
- Residents unable to return home after SF fire
- 2 people shot at Richmond strip mall
- Moment of silence marks Boston Marathon bombings
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Congresswomen support Cal sexual assault victims
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Revolutionary surgery for girl mauled by pet raccoon
- Consumer Reports evaluates best toilet papers 49 min ago
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- Sobrato family makes mark on South Bay
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Youth coach sentenced; SF two-alarm fire 25 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos