Health warning issued about "Shape-Ups"
Some doctors are warning that so-called toning sneakers can be bad for your health.
Shoes like Sketchers' Shape-Ups change your gait, destabilizing how you walk, and critics say that can lead to strained achilles tendons.
One surgeon says they can also lead to falls by people with balance problems, especially the elderly.
But Sketchers says it receives unsolicited testimonials from customers who love the sneakers, and the company says they not only tone up your legs, they help alleviate foot injuries.
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Police interview potential victims of Livermore golf pro
- Budget approved but no peace: Boehner raps right
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- Arrests made in "thrill kill" of 7-11 clerk in Milpitas
- Startup sells insurance based on how much you drive
- Tracking the flu -- there's an app for that!
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: High-speed chase; Vallejo homicides
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday