5-year-old undergoes rare heart, kidney transplant
LOS ANGELES, CA (KGO) -- A 5-year-old Brentwood boy is in critical, but stable condition after receiving a rare heart and kidney transplant on Saturday morning.
Aaron Tanner is recovering at the UCLA Medical Center.
His mother told ABC7 he woke up Monday afternoon and responding to questions.
Aaron's story first aired last December.
He was born with a congenital heart condition and has already had three open heart surgeries -- the first when he was only 10 days old.
His medical bills exceeded $1 million for each surgery, but the community has responded.
- Two men shot, killed on I-880 in Oakland ID'd
- Photos released of suspect in violent SJ carjacking
- Cyclists converge in Livermore for Amgen Tour of CA 35 min ago
- Probe begins after Conn. commuter trains crash
- Occupy the Farm protesters returning to Albany land 3 min ago
- Police say realignment may be cause of crime spike
- Longshoreman killed after truck falls into water
- Newark police investigate officer-involved shooting
- Police investigate shootings that hospitalized two men
- Credit card skimming devices found at 2 gas stations
- Steve Wozniak to give Cal commencement speech
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos