Sick baby finally gets liver transplant
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- An 8-month-old baby who desperately needed a new liver received a transplant last week.
Nikki Carter would have died in a matter of months without a transplant. Last Thursday she received a new liver from a young man in Southern California.
Doctors at UCSF performed the life-saving transplant last Thursday and Nikki is now recovering.
UCSF, organ donations, sacramento, health
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos