Sick baby finally gets liver transplant
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- An 8-month-old baby who desperately needed a new liver received a transplant last week.
Nikki Carter would have died in a matter of months without a transplant. Last Thursday she received a new liver from a young man in Southern California.
Doctors at UCSF performed the life-saving transplant last Thursday and Nikki is now recovering.
UCSF, organ donations, sacramento, health
- Secret Service investigating big Target data breach 29 min ago
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- SUV crashes into gas station in Oakland 4 min ago
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos