Study: Super Bowl can cause dangerous stress levels
Watching the Super Bowl can be bad for your health, depending on how exciting the game is.
A study says Los Angeles area researchers looked at heart-related deaths after the 1980 Super Bowl when the LA Rams lost a very close Super Bowl to the Pittsburgh Steelers. It found fifteen percent more people in L/A. died in the two-week period after the game than in the same period in years when the Rams weren't in the Super Bowl.
Cardiologists compare the elevated heart and blood pressure of watching an exciting Super Bowl to running a marathon.
super bowl, health
- Protesters vacate CCSF building, head to city hall
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building 22 min ago
- Manhunt on for Bay Area ATM robber
- Outkast, The Cure to headline BottleRock in Napa
- Quiznos files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection 4 min ago
- CDC reports rare woman-to-woman HIV transmission
- Overnight stays come to Winchester Mystery House
- Gorilla delivered via rare C-section at San Diego Zoo
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Tree removal dispute; Weed-laced brownies
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos