Study: Super Bowl can cause dangerous stress levels
Watching the Super Bowl can be bad for your health, depending on how exciting the game is.
A study says Los Angeles area researchers looked at heart-related deaths after the 1980 Super Bowl when the LA Rams lost a very close Super Bowl to the Pittsburgh Steelers. It found fifteen percent more people in L/A. died in the two-week period after the game than in the same period in years when the Rams weren't in the Super Bowl.
Cardiologists compare the elevated heart and blood pressure of watching an exciting Super Bowl to running a marathon.
super bowl, health
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket 55 min ago
- Family to hold prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Bay Bridge bolt fix running a month behind schedule
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water 8 min ago
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions 50 min ago
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Rescued paralyzed dog comforts siblings with autism
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events 51 min ago
- roundup: Stolen ATM recovered; SF shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
13 min ago
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car...
50 min ago
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning...
55 min ago
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
8 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos