Study: Super Bowl can cause dangerous stress levels
Watching the Super Bowl can be bad for your health, depending on how exciting the game is.
A study says Los Angeles area researchers looked at heart-related deaths after the 1980 Super Bowl when the LA Rams lost a very close Super Bowl to the Pittsburgh Steelers. It found fifteen percent more people in L/A. died in the two-week period after the game than in the same period in years when the Rams weren't in the Super Bowl.
Cardiologists compare the elevated heart and blood pressure of watching an exciting Super Bowl to running a marathon.
super bowl, health
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Oakland A's ready to sign lease at O.co Coliseum
- Report: 1 dead in boat accident near Redwood City 27 min ago
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court 46 min ago
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Boston Marathon bomb hoax suspect in court
- San Jose Sharks holding rally to kick off playoff run 9 min ago
- WWI soldier's love letters found behind attic wall
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos