Study: Super Bowl can cause dangerous stress levels
Watching the Super Bowl can be bad for your health, depending on how exciting the game is.
A study says Los Angeles area researchers looked at heart-related deaths after the 1980 Super Bowl when the LA Rams lost a very close Super Bowl to the Pittsburgh Steelers. It found fifteen percent more people in L/A. died in the two-week period after the game than in the same period in years when the Rams weren't in the Super Bowl.
Cardiologists compare the elevated heart and blood pressure of watching an exciting Super Bowl to running a marathon.
super bowl, health
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- Three evacuated from house fire in Kentfield
- Tornado levels homes in Oklahoma City trailer park
- Report: Corrosion a problem on new Bay Bridge
- 1 dead, 2 injured from East Palo Alto shooting
- Man dies after fall during Bay to Breakers party 34 min ago
- Juvenile bicyclist killed in collision in San Jose 56 min ago
- Brush fire at Joaquin Miller Park in Oakland
- Startups use Netflix rental model for clothing, jewelry
- NFL set to vote if Bay Area will host Super Bowl
- Small Fla. city wonders who won Powerball jackpot
- abcnews: SEAL auctions bin Laden raid knife
- roundup: Fairfield shooting; Redwood City fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos