Study: Marin Co. is healthiest county in California
MARIN COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- For the second year in a row, Marin County is being called the healthiest in the state.
The rankings were released by the University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute. The Bay Area did well all the way around, with Santa Clara coming in fourth and San Mateo rounding out the top five. Solano had the lowest Bay Area ranking at 31. In general coastal counties did better than inland counties statewide.
The lowest ranked counties showing significantly lower high school graduation rates and higher unemployment rates.
The unhealthiest counties in the state were Siskiyou, Del Norte and Trinity.
marin county, santa clara county, san mateo county, solano county, health
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Two injured in two-alarm fire in San Jose
- Accident cleared from EB lanes of the Bay Bridge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Cal housing vote; Candlestick soccer 21 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday