Miss South Carolina inspires many with weight loss
Here's an inspiring weight loss story: a 22-year-old woman who lost more than a hundred pounds, went on to win the Miss South Carolina pageant.
Bree Boyce used to weigh 234 pounds and wore a size 18.
She lost a dramatic 112 pounds over the course of three years through healthy eating, regular exercise and with the help of a nutritionist.
At last month's Miss Carolina pageant, she wowed the audience during the talent portion, won the swimsuit round and went on to win the crown.
Now she wants to inspire others to live healthier lives.
"And it was through hard work and determination and perseverance. And I'm just so happy to say that i did this for no one else but for myself."
Bree will compete for the Miss America crown in January.
weight loss, health
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes 45 min ago
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk 42 min ago
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on...
45 min ago