Miss South Carolina inspires many with weight loss
Here's an inspiring weight loss story: a 22-year-old woman who lost more than a hundred pounds, went on to win the Miss South Carolina pageant.
Bree Boyce used to weigh 234 pounds and wore a size 18.
She lost a dramatic 112 pounds over the course of three years through healthy eating, regular exercise and with the help of a nutritionist.
At last month's Miss Carolina pageant, she wowed the audience during the talent portion, won the swimsuit round and went on to win the crown.
Now she wants to inspire others to live healthier lives.
"And it was through hard work and determination and perseverance. And I'm just so happy to say that i did this for no one else but for myself."
Bree will compete for the Miss America crown in January.
weight loss, health
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday