Miss South Carolina inspires many with weight loss
Here's an inspiring weight loss story: a 22-year-old woman who lost more than a hundred pounds, went on to win the Miss South Carolina pageant.
Bree Boyce used to weigh 234 pounds and wore a size 18.
She lost a dramatic 112 pounds over the course of three years through healthy eating, regular exercise and with the help of a nutritionist.
At last month's Miss Carolina pageant, she wowed the audience during the talent portion, won the swimsuit round and went on to win the crown.
Now she wants to inspire others to live healthier lives.
"And it was through hard work and determination and perseverance. And I'm just so happy to say that i did this for no one else but for myself."
Bree will compete for the Miss America crown in January.
weight loss, health
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos