Miss South Carolina inspires many with weight loss
Here's an inspiring weight loss story: a 22-year-old woman who lost more than a hundred pounds, went on to win the Miss South Carolina pageant.
Bree Boyce used to weigh 234 pounds and wore a size 18.
She lost a dramatic 112 pounds over the course of three years through healthy eating, regular exercise and with the help of a nutritionist.
At last month's Miss Carolina pageant, she wowed the audience during the talent portion, won the swimsuit round and went on to win the crown.
Now she wants to inspire others to live healthier lives.
"And it was through hard work and determination and perseverance. And I'm just so happy to say that i did this for no one else but for myself."
Bree will compete for the Miss America crown in January.
weight loss, health
- SF officials prepare for 102nd Bay to Breakers race
- 8th stage of Amgen Tour of California kicks off in SF
- Albany residents protest return of Occupy activists
- Suspicious package in Livermore prompts evacuation
- Shooting in Oakland kills 1, injures another 50 min ago
- Crews battle fire at inner Mission apartment building 10 min ago
- Milone's long skid ends as A's beat Royals
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- Teen dies after refusing to give iPad to thieves
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- San Jose man arrested for alleged road rage attack
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday 31 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
23 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos