Warning issued for cancer drug Avastin
A warning tonight about the cancer drug Avastin for women who are trying to conceive.
Avastin has been an effective weapon in treating a variety of cancers including lung, brain and breast cancer.
Now the food and drug administration is warning the drug could affect the ability of women to get pregnant.
Avastin prevents ovaries from releasing eggs the way they should. Avastin is made by the South San Francisco company Genentech.
cancer, drugs, genentech, health
- Fatal crash blocks lanes of I-580 in Livermore
- Antioch man arrested after wild, high-speed chase
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Consumer Reports puts AA batteries to the test
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions
- San Jose fire crews battle one-alarm house fire
- 32 students participating in 'shop with a cop' event
- NYC college student dies during fraternity ritual
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Vallejo police ID two most recent homicide victims
- Instagram launches direct messaging feature
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- roundup: Copper wiring theft; "Shop With a Cop"
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos