Warning issued for cancer drug Avastin
A warning tonight about the cancer drug Avastin for women who are trying to conceive.
Avastin has been an effective weapon in treating a variety of cancers including lung, brain and breast cancer.
Now the food and drug administration is warning the drug could affect the ability of women to get pregnant.
Avastin prevents ovaries from releasing eggs the way they should. Avastin is made by the South San Francisco company Genentech.
cancer, drugs, genentech, health
- SF officials prepare for 102nd Bay to Breakers race
- Albany residents protest return of Occupy activists
- Suspicious package in Livermore prompts evacuation
- Konig wins 7th stage, van Garderen retains lead
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Milone's long skid ends as A's beat Royals
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- Teen dies after refusing to give iPad to thieves
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- San Jose man arrested for alleged road rage attack
- Miami Heat player surprises student at prom
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos