Raw cookie dough may be dangerous to eat
The next time you bake, you'll want to skip sneaking a bite of raw cookie dough. The risk of falling ill from the batter might be greater than once thought.
A new report released on Friday by the Centers For Disease Control finds that the culprit of a 2009 E. coli outbreak was ready-to-bake cookie dough sold in most grocery stores.
More than 70 people nationwide got sick including a Bay Area teen. The CDC believes raw flour may have caused the outbreak.
The FDA says several cookie-dough makers have already switched to heat-treated flour.
centers for disease control, FDA, health
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- SFFD battle 1-alarm blaze near the Panhandle 27 min ago
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal
- '628' area code to begin in '415' region in 2015 13 min ago
- Last minute Christmas shopping is in full swing
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial 37 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos