Study: working moms healthier than stay at homes
A new study says moms who work are happier and healthier than moms who stay at home.
Researchers at the University of North Carolina studied more than 1,300 mothers in the U.S. for a 10 year period. They found moms who worked had fewer symptoms of depression and were healthier, in general. Researchers also say moms who worked part-time did a better job at balancing work and home lives than moms who worked full-time. The study is in the Journal of Family Psychology.
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud
- Car hits SF bus stop, seriously injuring woman 3 min ago
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- Family at odds with neighbors over pet chickens
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at...