Study: working moms healthier than stay at homes
A new study says moms who work are happier and healthier than moms who stay at home.
Researchers at the University of North Carolina studied more than 1,300 mothers in the U.S. for a 10 year period. They found moms who worked had fewer symptoms of depression and were healthier, in general. Researchers also say moms who worked part-time did a better job at balancing work and home lives than moms who worked full-time. The study is in the Journal of Family Psychology.
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Another mistake found in BART union contract
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue
- 7 OYS puts waterproof smartphone case to the test
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
13 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos