Group wants Mattel to make Barbie for kids with cancer
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A new Facebook campaign to create a "Cancer Barbie" is gaining momentum.
A new Facebook campaign to create a "Cancer Barbie" is gaining momentum.
A Facebook page dedicated to the cause has more than 15,000 fans.
People behind the page want Mattel to create a "Beautiful and Bald Barbie" to help young girls who have lost their hair due to cancer treatments or other medical conditions.
If Mattel agrees to make a bald Barbie supporters also hope part of the proceeds will go to St. Jude's Children's Hospital.
cancer, children, health
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession 47 min ago
- Man hit by tour bus on 7th, Mission streets in SF
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- SF burger joint open nearly 50 years about to close
- Sunday marks anniversary of Sierra LaMar's disappearance
- Police conduct statewide underage drinking sting
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco 37 min ago
- Campaign to save dog in Arizona mauling case
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified 34 min ago
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' tops box office 18 min ago
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers 52 min ago
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh does push-ups with... 4 min ago
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing 24 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos