Kaiser workers plan one day strike Tuesday
Thousands of Kaiser Hospital workers are making final preparations today for a one-day strike on Tuesday.
The walkout involves Kaiser's mental health and optical employees, but the nurses and another union have also agreed to walk out in solidarity.
A similar walkout took place last September. The employees are locked in a contract dispute. Kaiser officials have condemned the lockout. They are ensuring customers that all the hospital's facilities will stay open during the one day strike.
kaiser permanente, strike, health
- Several aftershocks felt after 5.7 quake in Greenville
- Bay Area man arrested in Czech murders case
- New details released in police officers' murders
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- BART board votes to relax rush hour bike ban
- Man exposes himself outside of hospital in SF
- Magnitude 8.2 earthquake hits Russia's Far East
- New info released about robbery in Santa Rosa
- Clayton resident ID'd as bicyclist killed in SF
- LA Kings beat SJ Sharks in Game 5
- Oakland's real estate market heats up
- abcnews: New bill would allow pets on Amtrak
- roundup: Bicyclist killed in SF; Body in canal ID'd
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday