Study shows regular chocolate eaters weigh less
It turns out eating chocolate may not be so bad for your waistline. According to a new study by researchers at UC San Diego, people who regularly indulge in dark chocolate typically weigh less than those who don't.
That doesn't mean candy should be used as a weight loss tool, but researchers say it's possible the antioxidants in dark chocolate contribute to better health benefits like lower blood pressure and cholesterol. The study is in the latest edition of the Archives of Internal Medicine.
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing 2 min ago
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Stockton port officials happy to receive Google barge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Isaiah Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Astronauts discuss impact of social media in space
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
36 min ago
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno...
2 min ago