European scientists cook up 'world's healthiest meal'
UNITED KINGDOM (KGO) -- Scientists have cooked up what they're calling the world's healthiest meal.
An independent research company in the UK put it together using over 200 food health claims approved by the European Commission. It includes a fresh smoked salmon terrine, mixed salad with extra virgin olive oil dressing, a high-fiber multigrain roll, and chicken lentil casserole. For dessert, yogurt custard paired with spring water.
The meal is packed with "superfoods" that contain energy, vitamins, and electrolytes, as well as nutrients that help with iron absorption and reduce cholesterol.
food, medical research, health
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5
- Woman's cremated ashes washed away in fire
- SAP looks to hire those with autism, Asperger's
- Experts weigh in on Bay Bridge broken bolt debacle
- 49ers new stadium to host Super Bowl 50 in 2016
- PayPal hopes new smartphone app will replace wallet
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes
- Group wants parents to boycott Harvey Milk Day
- Bay Area fire captain among team sent to Oklahoma
- Search continues for man after Bay to Breakers
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body
- roundup: SF bank robbery; Search for survivors
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday