Excedrin selling for hundreds of dollars on eBay
The recall of all Excedrin products is creating a huge black market for the popular headache drug on the Internet -- bottles are selling for hundreds of dollars on eBay.
The products were pulled off store shelves in January after the manufacturer learned some bottles might have been contaminated with stray tablets from other medications.
Experts say relief can be found with generic versions of the drug.
"If it has the same amount of aspirin, acetaminophen and caffeine, the ingredients in Excedrin, it should work just as well," ABC News Health and Medical Editor Dr. Richard Besser said.
In a statement, Excedrin's parent company, Novartis, says it expects to get some of its products back on store shelves later this year.
product recalls, health
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Fire in Novato damages garage and two cars 50 min ago
- Scientists locate shipwreck in San Francisco Bay 19 min ago
- Free health clinics to take place in the Bay Area
- Palo Alto hiker rescued in Yosemite after fall
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Measuring California's impact from affirmative action ban
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
43 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos