Excedrin selling for hundreds of dollars on eBay
The recall of all Excedrin products is creating a huge black market for the popular headache drug on the Internet -- bottles are selling for hundreds of dollars on eBay.
The products were pulled off store shelves in January after the manufacturer learned some bottles might have been contaminated with stray tablets from other medications.
Experts say relief can be found with generic versions of the drug.
"If it has the same amount of aspirin, acetaminophen and caffeine, the ingredients in Excedrin, it should work just as well," ABC News Health and Medical Editor Dr. Richard Besser said.
In a statement, Excedrin's parent company, Novartis, says it expects to get some of its products back on store shelves later this year.
product recalls, health
- Death toll in Oklahoma tornado could climb to 91 37 min ago
- Firefighters save Vallejo man in apartment fire
- Man goes missing after Bay to Breakers race
- Bay Area residents in DC protest against banks
- NFL owners to announce Super Bowl 50 host city 42 min ago
- Victims hope to get money back from lending scheme
- Man dies after fall during Bay to Breakers party
- Norman Wielsch sentenced to 14 years in prison
- 5-year-old killed in rollover crash in Richmond
- 4-alarm grass fire burns 8 acres in Orinda
- Silver Creek HS sophomore killed in bike accident
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- roundup: Mountain lion spotted; Palo Alto murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday