Excedrin selling for hundreds of dollars on eBay
The recall of all Excedrin products is creating a huge black market for the popular headache drug on the Internet -- bottles are selling for hundreds of dollars on eBay.
The products were pulled off store shelves in January after the manufacturer learned some bottles might have been contaminated with stray tablets from other medications.
Experts say relief can be found with generic versions of the drug.
"If it has the same amount of aspirin, acetaminophen and caffeine, the ingredients in Excedrin, it should work just as well," ABC News Health and Medical Editor Dr. Richard Besser said.
In a statement, Excedrin's parent company, Novartis, says it expects to get some of its products back on store shelves later this year.
product recalls, health
- Teen survives flight from SJC to Hawaii in wheel well 46 min ago
- PG&E to be arraigned in fatal San Bruno blast
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- Barricaded man taken into custody in San Jose
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal shooting in Concord; Piedmont landslide
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
43 min ago